On 01/18/2012 06:31 AM, Lesław Bieniasz wrote:

Hi,

I have one more problem with the svmono class from Springer.
The class has a master book file and subordinate files for chapter
and appendix (among other files). Initially the master book file has
only one chapter and one appendix (labelled "A"). So, I have added more
chapters and appendices to see what happens. The inclusion of more chapter
files is OK. They are properly seen as separate chapters, and the sections and
subsections of them become properly numbered. But the same does not happen with
appendices. I would be happy to see "Appendix A", "Appendix B", etc., but
unfortunetely all distict appendix files become numbered identically:
"Appendix A", and all sub-sections are also numbered identically, although
they come from different files. Is there any way to force the automatic
renumbering of the appendices?
Does each one of the appendices contain the "Start Appendix Here" line? If so, remove it. You only need that once.

Richard