I just installed version 2.0.2 Friday nov. 25 2011

When I open files, if I look under settings, document class,
all my document classes are reported as missing.

The following info may or may not be relevant:
when I go to tool tex information it seems to have the various class files in
various places, such as
C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\tex\latex
C:\ProgramData\MiKTeX\2.9\tex\latex
C:\Users\HP_User\AppData\Roaming\MiKTeX\2.9\tex\latex

First I installed, encountered the error, uninstalled, manually removed the
folder in program files and in C:\Users\my user\AppData\Roaming, and then
reinstalled as administrator

I have tried various solutions from the mailing list, e.g.
I have tried reconfiguring restarting
I have tried setting my install packages on the fly both to yes and to no
I ahve tried updating my file name database

clues?

thx in advance