On Feb 16, 2012, at 10:45 AM, stefano franchi wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>>> Scrivener does not appear because you haven't created it yet.
>>>
>>> 1. Go to: Tools>>Preferences>>FileHandling>>File Format
>>>
>>> 2. Click "New"
>>>
>>> 3. Type "Scrivener' (or whatever) in the filed labeled "Format"
>>>
>>> 4. Click "Apply"
>>
>> Thanks, Stefano. I was overlooking the file format window. Had some
>> difficulty getting them to save. When I finally did and tried importing a
>> latex document the weird characters were there again. I tried this several
>> times, making sure that the converter was properly set up and selected, and
>> starting fresh with a new compile/export from Scrivener and continued to get
>> the weird characters.
>>
>> Finally resorted to executing the command in the terminal.
>
> That would work as well---just less conveniently so. Be sure you have
> the -e UTF8 switch in the converter line (as per my previous post)

I copied the text from your message.

Since it's not in the command you gave me to use in the terminal, I'm wondering
about this part of what you said I should put in the converter field: -f $$i $$o

I assume it's not the source of the problem I'm having at the moment.

Thanks,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"A man should be in the world as though he were not in it
so that it will be no worse because of his life."

- Wendell Berry