If you have a good idea, then there's something special (I'm almost tempted to say "sacred") about committing it to paper.

The emergence of abstract thinking was an early inflection point in the development of our species. The invention of written language was another. The invention of the printing press was yet another.

More recently, LaTeX made professional typesetting standards available for free, and even more recently LyX made using those standards as easy as using anything else.

I'm not saying that LyX is as significant as the printing press, only that there's an unbroken stream of progress which it's a proud part of, and for that reason I feel proud about using it.

So, why do YOU love LyX?

Russell