On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:39:12 +0100
Julio Rojas <jcredbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would it be possible to have a Gource movie of Lyx's development?
> Check this one for the last 20 years of Python:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPk1BqK8zzI&feature=related
>
> Regards.
> Julio Rojas
> jcredbe...@gmail.com

So thaaaat's how Python was created! Far out! Hey man, pass that bad boy
over here! Pfffffft. Hey man, cough cough, this is good stuff, cough
giggle! Now where did I put those potato chips?

If we ever have a LyX history, I hope Dekl Tsur is featured. He
singlehandedly kept me from bailing in 2001, a couple months after I
started using LyX. At the time I needed character styles, but LyX had
none. Dekl showed me some LaTeX that allowed me to create a linkage
between color and kludge character styles I created. It was weird but
enabled me to write "Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful
Technologist". Here's a description of Dekl's workaround:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/lyx/self_publish_lyx.htm#SimulatingCharacterStylesWithColorPseudostyles

About 4 years later LyX 1.4.0 got character styles and they were
wonderful, but Dekl's workaround was what enabled me to use LyX from
2001 til 2006.

Thanks

SteveT