I was trying to write a really small module for the sidenotes package. I pretty much copied what jürgen Spitzmüller wrote for the pdfcomment package (http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/Modules/pdfcomment.module)

Now what I realized is, that I can't insert optional arguments (the LyX way, via insert>short title), even though I specified their availability in the module. The pdfcomment module also seems to enable optional arguments, but I can't add any when I try it.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or if this is a bug? The code for the module is below.

Thanks for your help!

#\DeclareLyXModule{Sidenotes}
#DescriptionBegin
#Inserts sidenotes in the output.