On 03/01/2012 03:56 AM, UD wrote:
On the first page of the chapter the command: \thispagestyle{myheadings} puts the page number in the upper right corner, but at the beginning of the bibliography that command does nothing....

It probably comes too early or too late. If you put it before the bibliography command, it is on the previous page. If after it, it's probably on a later page.

I think you probably have to modify the chapter* environment to get this to work. This is what I find in amsbook.cls:

\def\chapter{%
  \if@openright\cleardoublepage\else\clearpage\fi
  \thispagestyle{plain}\global\@topnum\z@
  \@afterindenttrue \secdef\@chapter\@schapter}

So I'd try:

\def\chapter{%
  \if@openright\cleardoublepage\else\clearpage\fi
  \thispagestyle{myheadings}\global\@topnum\z@
  \@afterindenttrue \secdef\@chapter\@schapter}

in the preamble. This will take care of all the chapter pages at once.

If you only want to modify the bibliography page, then the easiest way is probably to modify the declaration of the thebibliography environment.

Richard