"Jürgen Spitzmüller" <sp...@lyx.org> írta:
>Csikos Bela wrote:>
> Certain character pairs look very ugly in lyx/latex output.>
> For example if V is followed by Hungarian accented a or e (ie. á or é) it>
> looks very ugly. See the attached lyx and pdf files.>
> I know that I could use \kerning command to adjust the distance between the>
> characters but how could I avoid inserting the command at every occurrence>
> of such character pairs?>

This looks like a problem in the kerning tables of the fonts. It seems to me >
that LatinModern does a better job at kerning these character pairs.>

Fixing the kerning is difficult, see>
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/10455/is-there-a-way-to-adjust-kerning->
for-a-specific-character-combination>

If you need this specific font, you could define a macro such as>
\newcommand\myve{V\kern-1pt é}>
Where you fix the kerning for specific pairs (and sizes). A crude hack, I >
know.>

You might also check the TeXGyre Pagella font instead of Palatino. Pagella is >
a Palatino clone from the LatinModern makers.>
http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/pagella>

Thank Jürgen.
I tried several fonts available in my latex installation but none of them
looks  correct.
Unfortunately I don't know how to add a font to my my latex font pool.
I looked at the relevant latex documents but I had no time yet to go
through them.

Thanks again,

bcsikos