On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Torquil Macdonald Sørensen
<torq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, that LyX doc doesn't compile here. I get an error message
> popup when trying to "View (pdflatex)". I really appreciate your helpful
> effort, though.

IT doesn't compile here either, but it does have the 'EndFrame' at the end.

> I have decided that there are several problems with the lyx+beamer
> combination that I cannot live

As I suggested earlier, you should try to build from an existing
_compilable_ example (such as the templates shipped by LyX) and
remove/add elements as you see fit, making sure throughout these
modifications that the document compiles. In my experience LyX works
very nicely with Beamer.

Regards
Liviu

--