On 03/14/2012 07:27 AM, Bieniasz wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to produce a multiline equation (with a number)
by using the option "cases". I want to have two lines of some expressions,
with a single brace at the right-hand side, followed by the equation number.
Is there any way to do this? The option "cases" offers a brace at the left-
hand side, and I don't see any way to transpose the brace so that it occurs on
the right. Any suggestions?

Leslaw
Use the large brackets, blank on the left, } on the right, and put a matrix inside it of size nx2, where n is the number of cases you want.

--

David L. Johnson

It doesn't get any easier, you just go faster.
                --Greg LeMond