On 03/15/2012 08:06 AM, Walters Evelyn wrote:

Hello LyX,

I’m a somewhat new convert to LyX, am thoroughly impressed with what it has to offer, but am having an issue at the moment.

I would like to insert a flowchart which I have created in Dia. From Dia I am able to export the flowchart as a .tex file and input it into my LyX document (input child document within a float figure). I chose .tex file as I prefer to have the LaTeX font used everywhere in both my diagram and text.

When I rendered the document for the first time I noticed that the diagram was massive. Therefore I wanted to rescale it. Using a TeX command line I inserted the following:

\centering

{\scalefont{0.5}

Input: Schematicdrawing.tex

}

This works great for decreasing the font size, however the rest of my flowchart (boxes, arrows, …) are still large. Is there a way to scale these as well in LyX?

I then thought to rescale everything in Dia (50%). Unfortunately when I input the .tex into LyX, only the boxes, arrows, lines,… have been rescaled, the font size remains the same. At this point I thought it would be possible to use the \scalefont{0.5} function in LyX to get the diagram looking as it should. Unfortunately the text seems to have shifted slightly to the right.

Can you provide any advice on how to rescale .tex files within LyX?

In a case like this, I guess what I'd suggest is to modify the exported TeX file directly, rather than trying to put the modifications into LyX.

Richard