I tried pasting your code into a layout file.  There is a line break in the
\DeclareLaTeXClass command that causes an error.  I cannot tell if the line
break is in your source code, or just an artifact of the web page.  Fixing that
leads to another problem: the command \protokollKopf is not defined anywhere.

Beyond that, it is hard to say what a good approach would be, since I do not
know what you are trying to accomplish in the layout (i.e., what a document of
this class should look like).  The presence of \begin{Minutes} and \end{Minutes}
make me suspect that your Protokoll style should probably be implemented as
LatexType Environment rather than Command.

Paul