On Sat, 14 Apr 2012, the wise Paul A. Rubin wrote:

You set Document > Settings > Page Layout > Page Layout > Headings style to "fancy"? That and \rfoot{} in the preamble work for me. Perhaps you should post a minimal example file. (Also, it might help to know which version of LyX you use, and what platform you're on.)

Yes the headings style is fancy and I put \rfoot{} in the preamble. But I discovered that the footer is not shown on pages with the chapter headers. I'm trying to write a contract which has a chapter on almost all pages so the footers are not shown this way.

So the question now in my case is how to get the footer on the chapter pages?

Marco

--
AMBIGUITY:
        Telling the truth when you don't mean to.