On 04/17/2012 04:42 PM, UD wrote:
The problem that Hanson ran into is a common one, which I have commented on here in the past. It would be really nice if there was a simple way to automate the solution so that new users will not need to come to this list again (some users do not know that it exists) to find out how to solve this problem (of generating a Latex file that is acceptable to journals, with all
the references included in the .tex file).

There's a Python script included with LyX that will do this for you. There are some remarks here:
    http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/4624
about how to set it up as a converter, and also an explanation of why we do not set it up by default. We should probably put something in the docs about it.

Richard

Ehud Kaplan