On 04/23/2012 08:27 AM, Allen Barker wrote:

I'm having some problems with the aspect ratio of figures
which are inserted into Lyx. This is with version 2.0.3
on a Fedora 15 system.

I insert a .png screenshot with insert->graphics and set
the width to some value (with the maintain aspect ratio box
checked). The preview looks fine. But, when the file is
printed in PDF the aspect ratio is not preserved. For
example, a square image is stretched too much vertically
(by a very noticeable amount). Postscript is the same.

If I set both the width and the height then the PDF
comes out as it should. If I view as LyxHTML then the
size is also correct.

I'm just using the default article style, with no packages
inserted and an empty preamble.

Any ideas what's going on?

I still haven't figured out what was going on, but I did
discover that the problem does not occur with the .gif
format.  This works well enough for the screenshot I was
inserting.