2012/4/26 Sebastian Stein <gebu...@gmx.net>:
> Hi.
>
> I tried to insert different symbols in an standard environment (not math
> mode) within KOMA article using utf8.
> While the handbook claims otherwise it doesn't work.
>

> Error messages:
> Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:⇓ not set up for use with LaTeX.
> Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:↠ not set up for use with LaTeX.
>
> Any ideas or workarounds?

The problem here is that inputenc's utf8 does not cover the whole
range of all existing unicode glyphs (yet and probably will never).
Yours obviously aren't covered.

Two options (non-exclusive):

* Select "Use non-TeX fonts" in Document > Fonts and try if some font
covers these symbols (I tried; the symbols seem to be rather exotic.
Here, only Arial Unicode MS had them, but you might have more
comprehensive fonts)

* Look if you can find the symbols here:
http://mirror.ctan.org/info/symbols/comprehensive/symbols-a4.pdf.
Depending on how they are provided, if at all, we can add some support
to LyX.

HTH
Jürgen