Hello
This is a ver long post (in HTML!) and I'm not sure what is relevant.

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Merhebi, Bob <bobmerh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you (any of you) care to guide me on how to download the packages so
> I can make the install on the non-conected system, that would be greatly
> appreciated; otherwise I will refer to the ubuntu forums!

If this is what you want, then try the following:
- access a computer with Internet access that uses the _exact_ same
distribution and architecture as your non-connected computer
- go to /var/cache/apt/archives/ and delete all the archives that are
present there
- select all desired packages in synaptic and check the 'download
only' option; initiate the download for a _fresh_ LyX and LaTeX
installation
- go to /var/cache/apt/archives/ and copy all the packages to a USB stick
- access the computer without internet access
- copy the files to /var/cache/apt/archives/
- go to synaptic and install the packages
- if any downloaded packages are missing then repeat the procedure for those

And yes, this question is likely more pertinent to Ubuntu forums.

Liviu