On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org> wrote:
> Nico Williams wrote:
>>  - a vi editing mode (I looked at the list archives, I know this has
>> come up before)
>>
>>  - a way to export to xml2rfc's XML schema
>
> asking for the obvious - have you tried Docbook XML output or
> xhtml output via LyXHTML?

Is there an option for Docbook XML output?  I didn't see it.  So I
export to TeX then convert using TeX4ht.  Now, TeX4ht doesn't support
more than one author, which is.. lame, but even so LyX doesn't have a
way to represent all the author metadata I need.  Latexml does a much
better job of preserving multiple author information, and has a
simpler schema too, but still...

One possibility is to store author data in xml2rfc format and emit
directives from the XSLT stylesheet to include xml files named after
the authors.

Nico