On 5/8/2012 8:45 AM, John Tapsell wrote:
>   At the moment adding captions to longtables requires manually adding lyx
> code.
Hi John,

While the offer is much appreciated, in this case, it's unnecessary. You
*can* add captions to longtables. It's available from the Table
properties dialog.  Right click on the Table > Settings > Longtable (Tab).

>From there, you'll see an option for Caption at the bottom of the "Row"
settings. Just enable "Use long table" box, and then click on the
"Caption" box. It will add in a label for you to fill out.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Rob

PS, if you post other annoyances to the list, I'm sure that the
developers  would be happy to jump on them.