On 05/15/2012 08:23 PM, Daniel wrote:
Hi,

I am writing my PhD thesis in Lyx and I'm using Jabref to manage my references
and produce the .bib file. When I compile my file Lyx correctly produces the
bibliography at the end of the document but the citations are messed up. I get
things like  "l [e,?]" where the citation should go (but the corresponding
reference in the bibliography is there.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

This is almost always because your bibliography file contains illegal characters, e.g,. unicode characters such as quote marks, em-dashses, and the like. These often get pasted in from the web or something.

The issue has arisen many times before; try searching the list for info.

Richard