From: Yihui Xie [xieyi...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2012 8:04 PM

>I cannot reproduce the problem. It compiles successfully with TeXLive
>2011 under Ubuntu. Can anyone else reproduce it?

I am using Ubuntu (64-bit) 12.04 with TeXLive 2011 and pdflatex version:
scott@wws-1j1dnk1:~$ pdflatex --version
pdfTeX 3.1415926-2.3-1.40.12 (TeX Live 2011)
kpathsea version 6.0.1

>Does this happen to packageVersion() only?

Also with packageDescription(). But I've compiled many knitr documents that
have used many packages and functions and this is the first time that I have
this problem. If I wrap packageVersion as follows then it works fine:
as.character(packageVersion('knitr'))

Can you send me the .tex file that is produced when you export the .lyx file I
sent to latex (pdflatex)? If they are the same and it works for you then the
problem must be my pdflatex. If they are different then the problem is
something else.

Thanks,

Scott