Dear LyXers,

LyX 2.0.4 is coming soon and it will fix some Windows-specific bugs:

- It is now possible to use LyX's "split index" feature (several indexes for a
document) on Windows

- Spell checking dictionaries are now also available for Basque, Upper Sorbian
and Interlingua

- Spell checking now also works for Esperanto, Farsi, Korean and Latin,

In order to fix this, the upcoming new LyX for Windows installer was modified so that you can select which dictionaries you want to install. This saves a lot of download and disk space as nobody needs all dictionaries (would be 300 MB). To get the split index feature working the installer comes now with an as small as possible Perl script interpreter which will be installed to MiKTeX.

As the changes in the installer are a lot and as I cannot test all possible language/dictionary combinations, I would like if interested LyXers could help me testing. Especially for the split index feature, I expect some things that are not yet working. (This LyX feature is described in sec. 6.6.7 of the UserGuide)

Here is the testing installer:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lyxwininstaller/files/TestRelease/
It will install the upcoming LyX 2.0.4 and should be fully functional and stable as LyX 2.0.3. If you find any problem, please report back.
To test it you don't have to uninstall LyX 2.0.3.

thanks in advance and regards
Uwe