Hi,

I'm sorry, but I don't want to paste it here: It's my unfinished diploma
thesis.

The crashes were with advanced search. I searched a \rho^*. One of it was
found and the others weren't. But when I saw the source code I realized
that there was once a \rho{}^* (or something similar) and the others were
like \rho_5^*.

So I understand why it didn't find my \rho's but I don't know why it took
such a long time.

I finally solved the problem by installing the last system it worked fine:
That was Lubuntu 11.10 with Lyx 2.0.0 and that works very fine (searches
are faster and compiling did hardly no crashes). Perhaps it's sometimes
better to use older versions.

Thanks for your help!

Mike