From: Steve Litt [sl...@troubleshooters.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:23 PM

>I'd **LOVE** for LyX to use SVG images as vector graphics. SVG images
>are standard, and very small byteswize, and they're the native format
>of Inkscape. If anyone knows a way to get LyX to use SVG images as
>vector graphics, please let me know.

Doesn't LyX already do this? If you go to Preferences > File Formats, you will
see your converters. I have SVG -> EPS, SVG -> PDF, and SVG -> PNG. EPS and PDF
are both vector formats. Perhaps if you don't have inkscape installed (which is
what is doing the conversions for me and which is searched for by LyX's
configure), then your convertor can only convert to a raster format.

Scott