Well, that is a sad story. CRAN has been "killing" R packages which do
not pass R CMD check. They have much less tolerance to such packages
now. Unfortunately the author of tikzDevice was unable to update his
package in time
(https://github.com/Sharpie/RTikZDevice/commit/95069e0a1deeb8fb9db028bbb76f227ddfcdc559#commitcomment-1562437).

Although it has been archived, you can still download the tar ball and
install it from source just like you install any *nix packages.

An alternative way to install it, according to
https://github.com/Sharpie/RTikZDevice#obtaining-the-package, is:
install.packages( 'tikzDevice', repos='http://r-forge.r-project.org' )

Regards,
Yihui