Am 25.07.2012 um 23:04 schrieb Hobbs,Tom:

> Hello-
>
> I am using lyx 2.0 under Mac Lion and I have a problem with the working
> directory and pathnames to files.  As I understand it, if you set the working
> directory to a folder named, say, /Users/Tom/My_folder, then you can omit the
> full pathnames when you insert graphics, etc.  This is really needed because
> otherwise, it becomes terribly hard to share lyx documents and associated
> graphics files among different users.
>
> When I give the full pathname to graphics files in the Insert Graphics
> screen, all is fine.  But when I set the path to the working directory in
> preferences and the file name in the graphic setting, lyx can't find the
> file.

The working directory is the directory LyX changes to on startup.

The best thing one can do is to place all graphics files in the same directory
or a sub directory of the referring document. All references should be made
relative to your document. Then it's easy to share documents with associated
graphics with other users.

Regards,
Stephan