On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 20:15:29 +0100
paul sutton <zl...@zleap.net> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Now we have the raspberry PI out,  I can perhaps use a raspberry Pi as
> part of a display system for a TV,  sort of scroll through slides etc.
>
> if i create a presentation in beamer does this allow for auto changing
> of slides as in if I set the pi to auto boot to x, auto login and
> start a presentation,  I want it to run the presentation and when it
> gets to the end,  start over from the beginning without having to
> press a keyboard to go to next slide.
>
> Just wondered if this is possible or another package should be used.
>
> Paul

Paul,

Look at \transduration in the the Beamer User Guide
(http://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/beamer/doc/beameruserguide.pdf)

I haven't used it myself, but it seems as if it should do what you're
asking.

Or you could use Impressive
(http://impressive.sourceforge.net/index.php)
which can be used to automate any PDF presentation.

You might need to write a simple loop in some scripting language (I'd
use Perl, but Python, bash, etc. would work) to repeat the show.

Les