Dear LyX Users and Developers,

I am preparing slides for a lecture using the presentation (beamer) class. Within that I would like to be able to reference labels inside my lecture notes which is another LyX document.

There was a post on SE some months ago:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/39772/using-the-xr-package-in-lyx-for-cross-referencing-an-external-lyx-document

Breakdown: The OP went ahead and installed the xr package which can reference labels in another-file.tex by using \externaldocument{another-file}. This searches inside the .aux file another-file.aux for the labels.

Now the question is: How to tell LyX to put intermediate files (or just the aux) into the current working directory so that this will work?

Quick google just came up with this:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/19768/lyx-how-to-put-temporary-files-to-the-lyx-file-folder-for-truecrypt-compatibil

In which there is no solution. Any tips?

Best Regards,
Michael Bach