Am 24.08.2012 um 17:04 schrieb UD:

> Since I can't get the spellchecker to work with my compiled-from-source
> Lyx 2.0.4 (all the relevant boxes are grayed out, despite having all the
> dictionaries and spellcheckers installed), I would like to
> uninstall it.
> However,  the installation was done from the source, not through the ubuntu
> package
> manager, so I need to do it by hand, but
>
> sudo make uninstallin the source directory
>
> returns: make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'.  Stop.
>
> Any advice?

As mentioned already in this thread this should work and it worked for me.
In case you're interested in a solution you have to tell more about
where you are doing these steps as a recipe to follow in detail.
E. g. is "the source directory" the top level directory of the checkout
or is it the sub directory "src"? And post the complete output if there is any.

Stephan