On Sep 27, 2012, at 3:35 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

>>> This shouldn't happen. Do you have any bibliographic data following that
>>> empty
>>> line? If not, there's not much sense in using the bibliography environment.
>>
>> Yes, I do. I have a header, what you call the "empty bibliographic entry,"
>> and then the bibliographic data.
>
> But then backspace shouldn't delete the header (it does not here).
>
> OTOH you can also hit Del while you are in the empty item.

Thanks, Jürgen.

I'm on a Mac. Backspace and Del are the same. And the header is deleted when
the empty item is deleted.

Every time I delete the empty item and then reset the environment to
bibliography, it reinsterts the empty item and increments it by 1. It's now Key
- 5[]

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"What does it mean...that the world is so beautiful?"

- Mary Oliver