On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:29 AM, Oleg Parashchenko <o...@uucode.com> wrote:
> Some time ago I experimented with LyX<->XML roundtrip. In my idea, XML
> was not one-to-one mapping of .lyx structure, but an XML format
>
> * which convenient for processing and generation, and
> * with enough hints to restore one-to-one correspondence.
>
> Unfortunately, I had to switch to other projects, and left the work
> abandoned. Only a part of functionality was implemented:
>
> * http://wiki.lyx.org/Devel/LyXFileFormatReverse
> * https://github.com/olpa/tex/tree/master/lyxml
>
> Use "lyxml.py" for testing. In any case, "lyxparser.py" is a good
> callback-style Python parser of .lyx files.

Interesting.  I may give it a try, but I was hoping that XML->LyX
might be a matter of applying an XSLT that outputs text.  Also, the
schema matters, and since LyX has LyXHTML (XHTML), and since I'm using
that, I was hoping I could find an importer from XHTML in particular.
I'd still have to write an XSL for translating from the schema I use,
so it's not like I was looking for a turn-key solution :) but still,
I'm glad someone's done something in this space!  Thanks,

Nico