On 12/08/2012 04:17 AM, Andrew Parsloe wrote:
Does CopyStyle do *anything* in custom insets? I was just about to send off another Custom insets query when a last trial-&-error thought struck me: although

CopyStyle <name>

doesn't seem to do anything, where <name> is the name of a previously defined inset, perhaps

CopyStyle Flex:<name>

will work? And to my surprise, because I have struggled with this for far too long, it *does* work.

I will guess that you are using an older layout format, rather than the current one for 2.0.x (which is format 35), since one of the bugs you reported involved a layout2layout problem. In 2.0.x, Flex insets MUST be named "Flex:whatever". This is documented under 5.3.9. This was not true in 1.6.x, and we attempt to convert older layouts, which do not use the Flex: prefix, to the newer form (including the "CopyStyle" declarations). But it doesn't always work---some cases have to be handled manually), and that is why you are seeing this bug. Indeed, it may well be the same bug you reported in the second post. Hard to say in the abstract.

Richard