On 12/18/2012 11:08 AM, GSC wrote:

  Is it possible to paste  images without asking for save path and Lyx choose
one automatically for me ?  I believe many people use image pasting heavily and
it's a waste of time to open the save file dialog every time. So I really hope
there's an option for this.

  There is an existing one which is marked as implemented as follows:
  Paste graphic from clipboard: prompt for filename/location (but have
reasonable defaults to allow things to go quickly), save clipboard picture, and
include into the lyx document at the cursor location. (Motivation: I take notes
in LyX during mathematical lectures, and I often want to include figures. With
a tablet PC, it's quite easy to get the figure into the computer in real-time,
but there are many steps to get that figure into LyX -- it's difficult to do it
in real-time. How can that process be streamlined? May also help to allow
graphics to be stored within the LyX file, so the user doesn't have to bother
coming up with path/filename for each figure?)
  → New in 1.6

  but as the statement says, "have reasonable defaults to allow things to go
quickly"

  It's not implemented completely , we can go quicker by not showing the save
dialog at all, and allow for some default image display parameters to be set
somewhere. (for example, I almost edit the width to 15 cm every time).

  Should I edit the Feature Request poll wiki page to get my wish delivered ?

I think this request lies in the same feature request for a XML native .lyx
format; since including images inside an xml is so easy and does not require
aditional files to be saved. Read the thread about the XML native format named
"Would a native LyX XML schema be accepted?".

Regards

Alex