Am 11.01.2013 um 10:57 schrieb Scott Kostyshak <skost...@princeton.edu>:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM, Luca Brandolini
> <luca.brandol...@unibg.it> wrote:
>> Stefan Bauer <bauer <at> math.uni-bielefeld.de> writes:
>>

>>> I have the same setup. In the math edit mode the \Omega is invisible as
>>> long as you are working on the formula.
>>>
>>> S Bauer
>>>

>> If I type \Omega in the math editor I get a bold w.
>> It is probably a font misconfiguration but I cannot figure out what to do.
>>

> Which LyX versions are you using? If the problem is still there can
> you file a bug report please on www.lyx.org/trac?

Yes, please.

I think, the problem is in GuiPainter.cpp line 356 etc.

==============================
        // Qt4 does not display a glyph whose codepoint is the
        // same as that of a soft-hyphen (0x00ad), unless it
        // occurs at a line-break. As a kludge, we force Qt to
        // render this glyph using a one-column line.
        if (s.size() == 1 && str[0].unicode() == 0x00ad) {
                setQPainterPen(computeColor(f.realColor()));
                QTextLayout adsymbol(str);
                adsymbol.setFont(ff);
                adsymbol.beginLayout();
                QTextLine line = adsymbol.createLine();
                line.setNumColumns(1);
                line.setPosition(QPointF(0, -line.ascent()));
                adsymbol.endLayout();
                line.draw(this, QPointF(x, y));
                return textwidth;
        }

It happens \Omega is 0x00ad - so it's special. But it looks like this special
code does not work.

Stephan