On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Ben M. <maresr12t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!  I have a friend who saw me using LyX, and decided to try it.  She
> imported one of her papers with a collaborator.  They use shortcuts like \ba
> for \begin{align*}.  Consequently, all her arrays show up with ERT.  Is
> there any hope of getting LyX to recognize such shortcuts, and then to use
> them?  (She wants to continue using the macros to avoid inconveniencing her
> collaborators.)

I think there are two issues here:
1. Importing
2. Using (and exporting)

Issue 1 seems like a valid request to me and could be filed as an
enhancement request here: http://www.lyx.org/trac
Issue 2 is understandable but I doubt that this will be implemented.
This is just my personal guess though. You are welcome to file this
enhancement request also.

Best,

Scott