Actually upon further investigation, I found out:

Tools > TeX Information > arabart.cls (is present)

I "reconfigured" LyX & restarted it & there it was: Article[Arabic]

BUT

the problem that Scribus has is present in LyX.

I am not sure which version it was, but I once tried writing in LyX in
Arabic & it worked well. What I'm sure of is that it was running under
Ubuntu 10.04 (x86)

What do you think?

--
Sincerely Yours,