On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 05:57:24 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Feb 2013, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>
> > Do you just mean compile .lyx files on the cloud? Or do you mean a
> > complete LyX editor in a web browser? Is the idea that this would be
> > useful if you don't want to install anything on your computer or if
> > you want to be able to work from any computer (e.g. at the
> > library)? But for this one could just ssh with X into a computer
> > that has LyX, no?
>
> Scott,
>
>    I and a collaborator (who is new to LaTeX) could both work on the
> same document. I did not propose the LyX version but asked if anyone
> has experience with this LaTeX-sharing tool for collabortive writing
> using LaTeX.

FWIW, when I main-authored "Samba Unleashed", we simply divvied out the
chapters to the authors. It worked very well, and would fit right in
with LyX's master documents.

There were a few instances when a pair of authors wrote a chapter. In
that case, the publisher left the mechanics of the operation up to
those two authors.

HTH

SteveT