Hi Scott,
Its a MAC OSX 10.8.2, ermmm-- let me think more about the saving issue and
if I find anything more I'll get back. Got to get my lecture ready first
tho now I am back in business- somewhat!  I close down the whole machine
and try again completely from fresh.
Thanks for your help and Gyorgy and Murat
Cheers,
Mark