On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Marco Beishuizen <mb...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how I can sort the bibliography on last name? Right now
> it sorts on the first name of the author. LyX uses natbib as the format.

Sorting on last names should be the default.

Wild guess: How did you enter the names in the bib file? They should be
either

Firstname Lastname

or Lastname, Firstname

(notice the comma).

If, on the contrary, you entered them as Lastname Firstname (no comma in
between), you would get the wrong sorting

Cheers,

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org