On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 4:00 AM, Liviu Andronic <landronim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Uwe Ade <uwe....@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hey Marc,
>>
>> as Scott wrote in his reply, we discussed this Problems a few days ago.
>> After our thread i worked on to get a solution. Usind Lyx 2.0.5.1, Texlive
>> 2012 64 bit i am able to build pdf with movies (and sound) in it. The files
>> below works on my system. Perhabs it will help you to answer your question
>>
> Out of curiosity, once you successfully embed videos in a PDF, how do
> you actually view the PDF and view the video? And on what platform.
> I'm still to find a Linux-based solution for that.

I don't think one exists.
"The final PDF can be viewed in current Adobe Readers on MS Windows and
other platforms. On Unix platforms including Linux, however, support of Flash,
video and sound was discontinued at Reader version 9.4.2, probably for security
reasons. On tablets and phones running Android or iOS, ezPDF Reader was
reported to play video and sound files embedded with ‘media9’."

texdoc.net/texmf-dist/doc/latex/media9/media9.pdf

If I wanted to do something like this, I think I would look into HTML 5 slides.

Scott