On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Thomas Coffee <thomasmcof...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whenever the cursor enters a math mode element that is inside any kind of box
> (Figure caption, LyX note, etc.), via pointing device or arrow keys, the
> contents of the editing window are immediately scrolled to place the math mode
> element at the top.

On closer examination, the behavior is actually more complex: it
appears that upon entering or creating a math mode element inside a
box, LyX attempts to scroll the math mode element (if necessary and
possible) such that vertical space appearing below it in the editing
window is greater than or equal to the vertical extent of the box.

(I previously believed it tried to place the math mode element at the
top because all my examples were done inside boxes greater than the
height of the window.)

Can anyone reproduce this?

Thomas