On Thu, 04 Apr 2013 12:47:25 +0200 "Jürgen Spitzmüller sp...@lyx.org"
 sent this:

        >Juha Meriluoto wrote:
>> Personally, I hate ribbon menus from the bottom of my heart.  I find
>> them quite difficult to use, it takes ages to find what you are
>>      looking for.  Quite probably they are ok when you get used
>>      to them, but there is really no need for all to go the M$
>>      way.
>
>This is also my judgement after having being forced to use these menus
>       over the past months. But certainly, this is a matter of will
>               and personal taste.
>
>Anyway, since those menus seem to be a Windows thing only, we would,
>       if we could and should, only implement them for the Windows OS.

I am of a like mind in this. I have no liking for ribbon menus, I'm
uncertain they are an improvement. I am certain they are not an
improvement for me.

They appear to be fancy for its own sake and not at all clear for quick
use. But then I am not a windows user and therefore use them very
occasionally. Only use them to try to find things for windows users who
also have a problem finding things they want, when using them.

Just my thoughts.
Charlie
    --
        Registered Linux User:- 329524

        Simplicity doesn't mean to live in misery and poverty. You have
        what you need, and you don't want what you don't
        need. ....Charan Singh