----- Original Message ----- From: "Jürgen Spitzmüller" <sp...@lyx.org>
To: <lyx-de...@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 11:16 AM
Subject: Re: feature request: ribbon menus

Well, this is an open source project. So if there are no license issues,
everybody who is motivated enough to implement and maintain such an UI is of
course allowed to go ahead and propose a patch.

This was my initial intention, but I was exploring in this list to see if there are some users who actually want this. Not the case, so the intention seems to have wrong fundations. My bad :(

At the moment, nobody seems to be really enthusiastic, so one consequence
could be that you do it yourself (this is actually exactly how I came into LyX
development).

Jürgen

I am learning Qt right now but I have some experience developing, especially with UI. My concept of a text editor software always include ribbon menus and thats why I shout this proposition, but without community acceptance any purpose is a nonsense! So next time will be.

Alex