On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 19:08:15 +0530
 Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेड्रिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
<fredericknoro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Somehow, when I work with a remote editor on Lyx, I tend to get error
> messages while importing the .lyx file into my system.

I don't know what a "remote editor" is, so I'll skip the questins about
why it imports the way it does.

> Probably this
> has to do with the fact tha they're using Windows, and I'm on
> GNU/Linux. Or maybe some difference in the version etc.
>
> My point is this: when the error messages show up, instead of zeroing
> on to the offending problem, it tends to point in all different
> diretions as to what might be wrong.

LaTeX tends to do that. LaTeX error messages tend to be numerous and
unhelpful. The way I quickly get to the bottom of LaTeX errors in LyX
that I can't quickly recognize or diagnose is to save the file, and
then keep cutting it in half. Eventually the error goes away. So then I
concentrate on the last part I deleted, and start cutting THAT in half.
Within a few minutes I have a LyX file that contains the error and
nothing but the error. 90% of the time the error and its solution is
obvious, but if not, I can email that tiny file to this mailing list,
together with an error listing, and somebody here will know what to do.

SteveT