Am Sonntag, 7. April 2013, 10:35:44 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:
> Am Sonntag 07 April 2013, 10:27:25 schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann:
> > I also put a macro in the preamble of the document
> > %%macro for index nom
> > \newcommand{\IndexDef}[1]{\textit{#1}}
> >
> > and in the document itself
> > Kalanchoe|IndexDef
> > where Kalanchoe is a plant name which should appear in the name index
> > as italics.
> > However, the page number appears italic, not the plant name.
>
> Yes, this is what this syntax is supposed to do.
>
> > How should I change the command in the preamble to achieve that?
>
> Normally, it should just work if you select the word and hit Alt+E, i.e.
> just emphasize it as usual. LyX should then output the following LaTeX
> code:
>
> \index{Kalanchoe@\emph{Kalanchoe}}
>
> Please post a minimal example file if it doesn't.
>
> Jürgen

Thanks, Jürgen

so I made it unnecessarily complicated.
However, There is one point which gives an error.

If I create a nom index entry, lets say for
Acherontia atropos
I usually connect both words
{Acherontiaatropos
create the index entry
and in the entry I put the space back again.
However, if the name is already in emph, the entry box becomes emph too
without being noted. One has to ctr e the box again.

Anyway, the result in the ind file would look like:

\begin{theindex}

  \item \emph{Abraxas miranda}, \hyperpage{94}
  \item \emph {Acherontia atropos}, \hyperpage{26}
  \item \emph{Acherontia atropos}, \hyperpage{115}
(note the space behind \emph {A...)
and the two Acherontia entrances are not identical, which means, that the
page backrefs are not put together like
  \item \emph {Acherontia atropos}, \hyperpage{26}, \hyperpage{115}
but two Acherontia atropos entrances.

#####
So here is my proposal:
if possible, the creation of the nom index entry should never be emph if
created after an emph word
(to avoid the necessity to de-emph it).

I tried to make a min example, but that does not work, because you need
different pages. What you could do is put the two
 \item \emph {Acherontia atropos}, \hyperpage{26}
  \item \emph{Acherontia atropos}, \hyperpage{115}
in an existing longer document, add the nom index at the end and check the
outcome.
An alternative would be, that the nom index entry box becomes slanted
itself, so that one can see its state and correct it.

Wolfgang