On 10/05/2013 1:13 a.m., Richard Heck wrote:
On 05/08/2013 05:34 PM, Andrew Parsloe wrote:

On 9/05/2013 1:34 a.m., Richard Heck wrote:
On 05/07/2013 05:10 PM, Andrew Parsloe wrote:

On 8/05/2013 4:39 a.m., Richard Heck wrote:
On 05/07/2013 10:17 AM, Stephen Brooking wrote:
Hi,

I have specified a new converter to convert Visio drawings into PDF
(using
some VBScript borrowed from elsewhere on the web), but have run into
issues.
  My converter is specified like this:

cscript <path>/vsd2pdf.vbs "$$i" "$$o"

When Visio runs, it can't access the file to convert because the
current
directory is not the temp directory that LyX created (I'm not
familiar
enough with VBScript to know why or where).

So my question is this: is there a '$$' variable that specifies the
temporary directory in use, so that I can form an absolute path to
the
$$i and $$o files?

No, but you should not need this. LyX ought to be running the
converter
in the temporary directory, but perhaps the cscript thingy resets the
current directory?

Richard

No? I hesitate to contradict you Richard but in my tinkering with
Python scripts I've run converters using *all* the following:
[snip]
$$p The full directory path of the LyX temporary directory. On my
Windows system one day this was

C:/Users/Andrew/AppData/Local/Temp/lyx_tmpdir.gq2540/lyx_tmpbuf5/

OK, thanks. This is in the documentation as "the path to the input
file", which usually would be the temporary directory. Perhaps that
should be clarified.

Richard

The path that is missing from these $$ variables is that to the
*back-up* directory. At present I have a script where I have to put
that in by hand, even though LyX knows the path and it should be
retrievable (in my opinion) by a script. Worth an enhancement request?

You mean the directory where LyX stores backups, yes?

Should be pretty easy to do.

Richard

Enhancement ticket #8667.

Andrew