On Fri, 17 May 2013 22:56:17 +0200
Liviu Andronic <landronim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Actually there's an *undocumented and unsupported* HTML-to-EPUB
> command line conversion option. See main.cpp for details. Did I
> mention the feature is *undocumented and unsupported*? :)
> It's there because a certain company was willing to pay to see it
> included, but I'm opposed to the feature on principle. Sigil is an
> editor, not an automatic converter. If you need one, there's Calibre."
>
> And here's Calibre's documentation:
> http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conversion.html#conversion
> http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cli/ebook-convert.html#ebook-convert
>
> I don't see why we couldn't support the CLI  tools if someone showed
> us how to use them.

Liviu,

I've used Calibre to convert from HTML to EPUB, and that's why I prefer
to use Sigil. Calibre does a very good job of converting between ebook
formats, such as from EPUB to MOBI. But unless your book is very simple
it tends to run into problems with HTML input.

Les

--
http://lrdenham.wordpress.com/