Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has advice on a possible bug I am experiencing in
LyX 2.0.5. I am currently writing up my PhD thesis, with each chapter being
a child lyx document. One chapter in particular is suffering from a
problem; text is being inserted randomly in any form of content (equations,
figure floats, chapter titles, tables).

I have tried deleting the offending text, but it only reappears in
seemingly random places. The text itself is not random, it is text from
elsewhere within the chapter (sometimes it is parts of equations, text,
text out of ERT [such as "\ac{}"]. It seems as if this phenomenon is only
present within this chapter (thankfully!).

I have also tried copying and pasting the contents to a fresh lyx file but
the problem still exists, albeit a bit better.

My OS is Windows XP, although given the same file the problem exists on my
own personal Windows 7 based laptop. Some of the chapters are modified LyX
files from my previous documents (LyX 1.6), does this have any bearing on
the issue?

I would hate to abandon LyX due to this (I love the benefits of LaTeX with
visibility), but I maybe forced to use a word processor. I simply cannot
afford to keep spending time fixing documents corrupted by LyX anymore. I
would really appreciate any guidance on how to solve this problem...

Many Regards,
Richard.