On May 9, 2013, at 4:33 PM, UD wrote:

> I repeat my request to activate this option by default, perhaps with a
> warning (shown when the option is actually used) that there are problems with
> multiple bibliographies.  My colleagues have often complained about the
> ornate dance that is required to produce the Latex file with the content of
> the .bbl file embedded in it.  Since this is a routine application (until
> journals accept Lyx files, it must be faced each time you submit an article
> to a journal), it would be very helpful to have it by default.
>
> Ehud Kaplan
>

> On 05/03/2013 03:23 PM, Richard Heck wrote:

>>> I just updated to LyX 2.0.5.1, but do not see the export option LaTeX (with
>>> bib).
>>
>> Sorry, I forgot, we do not enable it by default.
>>
>> There are instructions about how to get this in the file include_bib.py,
>> which you will find in your LyX installation (e.g., at
>> /usr/share/lyx/scripts/). The easiest thing to do is to open your
>> preferences file and add these two lines:
>>
>> \format "ltxbib" "tex" "LaTeX (With Bib)" "" "" "" "document,menu=export"
>> \converter "pdflatex" "ltxbib" "python -tt $$s/scripts/include_bib.py $$i
>> $$o" "needaux"
>>
>> in the appropriate places, which should be obvious.
>>
>> Richard

Personally, I wouldn't  need or wish to have exporting LaTeX with the bbl file
be the default, but given that the bbl file must replace the bibtex
bibliography every time one submits a paper for publication, it would indeed
seem very useful to have Export > LaTeX (with bib) as a menu choice. How hard
would this be?

Bruce