Am Sonntag 02 Juni 2013, 14:47:07 schrieb Lukas Zoller:
> Dear Jürgen. I hope its ok that I contact you directly.

Please always use (or at least CC: the lyx-users list, so others can
participate as well).

> Your expampe is exactly what I want. I was able to make the quatations in
> the text of my document like in your example. I also changed the entries in
> my bibliography, so they seem to be like in your expample. But when I want
> to make a pdf, there is an error message (see attachment).
> I attached the biblography so perhaps you can see what the problem is, if
> you like to.

There were several problems in your file:

* You had "Indent paragraph" unchecked for the bibliography. This does not
work (and generates the error). [this is a known LyX bug]

* You need to select "Natbib" in Document > Settings > Bibliography

* You need at least one citation in your document in order to get Natbib
loaded automatically. If you do not want that, you have to enter
\usepackage{natbib}
in Document > Settings > Preamble
The reason is that LyX only loads the natbib package when you actually cite
something.

See the attached corrected example, where I also demonstrate how to adjust the
indendation and vertical space in the bibliography.

HTH
Jürgen